Breakfast (9:30 AM):
Smoothie (again)
1 cup Water
1 cup Raspberries
1 cup Blueberries
30 g Whey Protein Powder
21 g Almond Butter
Coffee
Lunch (1:34 PM):
6 oz Canned Salmon
1/2 Avocado
(mixed the Salmon & Avocado together thoroughly)
3 cups Spinach
1 Fuji Apple
Water
Pre-workout Snack (4:30 PM):
Zone Bar
Workout (TCFA, Monrovia):
Warmup: DROM (Dynamic Range Of Motion) and 10 pullups.
Today I'm starting a new phase in my Crossfit strategy. Instead of using Friday's Happy Hour to try and get a PR (Personal Record, I think), I'm going to devote this one day a week to getting strong ala Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength" book. So today my workout was (thanks to my pal Josh Bratton for this btw):
Back Squat - 3 set of 5 reps @ 125 lbs, & the last set you're supposed to go to failure, so I went until my 8th rep, which is when my form started to get pretty shaky.
Shoulder Press - 3 set of 8 reps @ 75 lbs (last set I went to 10 reps)
Power Clean - 3 sets of 5 reps @ 95 lbs (the last set I went to 20 reps. The weight was light because the Power Clean is such a complex lift involving many different joints and phases and pulls, I just wanted to work on the form without the weight being an issue. Hence the last set went to 20 reps, and I probably could have gone further).
Row 250 meters - go all out for time. I did it in 49 seconds.
Post-workout snack (6:00 PM):
Zone Bar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment