Again, a compromise here due to the limitations of the hotel gym (which was actually pretty good). The WOD called for the following:
Front squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps
The problem was there was no free weight squat rack, just a Smith machine and a free weight bench press. So first I tried setting up a bar on the ground and cleaning it to Front Squat starting position, but I soon realized that I wasn't going to be able to clean a heavy enough weight to use as a 3-rep front squat. So then I tried a few front squats on the Smith machine and was able to use more weight, but it didn't seem like I was working hard enough, what with the Smith machine taking a good deal of the balance work out of the Front Squat. So I ended up going back & forth between the two methods, and here are my sets:
3 @ 115# Free Weight
3 @ 157# Smith Machine
3 @ 157# Smith Machine
3 @ 115# Free Weight
3 @ 157# Smith Machine
3 @ 115# Free Weight
Then I cooled down with the row machine (750m @ 2:50)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment