Friday, March 20, 2009

6th Entry (2-26-09)

Back in Cali. Fairly disoriented due to the 27 hour long trip back. Slept 4 hours yesterday evening, then another 7 today. Woke up after noon sometime.

Breakfast (lunch?):

1 pack instant oatmeal (made with water)
mixed into the oatmeal: 1 tbsp peanut butter & 1 scoop whey protein powder

ended up fairly Zone-ish : 14g fat, 34g Protein, 36g Carbs which works out to:

4.6 blocks Fat
4.8 blocks Protein
4.0 blocks Carbs

Heading out to do todays WOD (Workout of the Day):

Walking lunge 100 ft.
21 Pull-ups
21 Sit-ups
Walking lunge 100 ft.
18 Pull-ups
18 Sit-ups
Walking lunge 100 ft.
15 Pull-ups
15 Sit-ups
Walking lunge 100 ft.
12 Pull-ups
12 Sit-ups
Walking lunge 100 ft.
9 Pull-ups
9 Sit-ups
Walking Lunge 100 ft.
6 Pull-ups
6 Sit-ups

I'll have to use the pull-up assist machine at 24 hr fitness, but here goes....

OK. Back from the globo-gym. Really bad time to be there (5:30 pm). Added to my time I'm sure, as I had to wait for the pull up assist machine a couple times. Anyway total time was 15:49. I had the Gravitron (pull up assist machine) set to 80 lbs. assist, but even then I couldn't complete a full set...had to rest briefly and finish each set of pull ups. Maybe I should have put more weight on the assist... The sit ups I did were regular sit ups without an ab-mat & unanchored, hands in front of my chest.

Post Workout Smoothie

8 oz Water
1 scoop Whey protein powder
1 Banana
1/4 cup Blueberries
1 1/2 tbsp Peanut Butter

I added up all the macro nutrients, and got the following:

13 g Fat, 30 g Protein, 41 g Carbs which equals:

4.3 blocks Fat
4.3 blocks Protein
4.5 blocks Carbs

Not bad. Definitely in the "Zone".

No comments:

Post a Comment